Well, here I am again to bring you a monthly recap that is actually on time! XD
I’m currently lying in my bed watching Storks cause I’m really tired and just feel kinda blah – I think I’m getting sick :/
Anyhoo! Let’s get on wiiitthhh….
1. I started playing piano. Really the keyboard since we don’t have a piano, but ya know. XD I’m having so much fun with this!! I can’t wait until I get REALLY good! 😀
2. I’ve practiced my singing a lot more. I really love to sing and lately I’ve been focusing more on singing on key and using my actual voice instead of my fake singing voice. I think I’m getting pretty good
3. IT HAILED – OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS IT WAS AMAZING!! There was a storm like last week and it kept hailing off and on. There was lightning, winds, thunder, pouring rain – I literally died. It hasn’t hailed since I was super young so it was almost like a first experience for me. XD There was so much it seriously looked like it had snowed!! And afterwards the mountains you can see from our house were covered in snow, but it’s all pretty much melted now.
4. We went to our friend’s wedding – which was SO beautiful! Okay, guys. The parents walked down the aisle to “The Last Goodbye” music and I forget who (probably the bride), but someone walked down to “All I Ask of You” music. I was crying. It was amazing. *dies*
5. We are looking into moving- yet again we’re in the searching stage. I really think that this time we’re going to move so it’s exciting and scary and emotional and yeah…. Prayers concerning this would be appreciated. 😉
4. Rey is a Solo. I’m like totally convinced. I’ll be surprised if it’s not true, that’s how convinced I am. O_O (I made that image after reading an in depth theory of Rey being a Solo and fell in love with the idea. XD )
My 18th birthday- Guys I’m gonna be 18 this month. Isn’t that bizarre?! I started this blog when I was 14…. So crazy… O_O
So with my 18th birthday means….
A fancy dinner, blonde highlights, and Jordan and Aaryn coming down! I’m so excited! 😀
I’m also planning to start writing another book this month since this month will be a year since I started my last one
I don’t know what else will happen this month, but that’s okay – if I knew everything that was going to happen life wouldn’t be much of an adventure, now would it? 😉
So tell me…
How was your month? Was it a good start to the New Year? Anything exciting to look forward to in February?
Today I decided to do a photoshoot and when I noticed Julie wasn’t wearing any clothes (heh heh – #problemsofadollcollector) I decided to get her dressed and snap a few photos of her. Enjoy! 😀
Oh! And just a quick question – how many of you would like to see Tell Us Tuesday return? I’m thinking about bringing it back, but I want to make sure that people will participate, so please let me know what you think!
Have a great rest of your day! 😀
Riven-Delle’s head was turned by the enchanting sound of a guitar strumming not far from where they were. She realized that the person playing looked unmistakably familiar and found herself in the middle of a big problem. Her head told her that it wasn’t wise to go up to a stranger and talk to them, but she had done it once with no harm done. Surely Samantha wouldn’t approve, but Riven-Delle felt that this boy needed help and that he wasn’t really a bad person.
Without saying a word Riven-Delle headed in the direction of the guitar player with Samantha very hesitantly following behind. She absolutely hated it when people kept her from doing some serious shopping.
“Hello….,” he said hesitantly.
“I’m sorry – aren’t you Weston? The boy from the diner? I was certain I’d seen you before,” Riven-Delle said, though she already knew it was him.
“Yeah, I guess that would be me. You got some cops hiding out nearby to take me in?” He asked, his eyes shifting around.
Riven-Delle looked down at the blue bowl with white polk-a-dots scattered around it. This was not a bowl a teenage boy would choose to use – especially in public. She couldn’t help wondering if perhaps it was stolen… Weston was definitely not living in a stable home – maybe he was even living on the streets.
When the song ended, Riven-Delle clapped and told him how great it was while she got her purse out to drop some money into his bowl.
“You play so well, I wouldn’t be surprised if someday you become famous!” Riven-Delle said as she dropped her money into the bowl.
Weston reached into the bowl and held the 20 dollars in his hand as he watched the girls leave. The kindness Riven-Delle had expressed meant so much to him – no one had treated him that way since he was a young boy. Except for his friend, of course, who was lying sick in bed and in need of some decent food. Thanks to Riven-Delle, he could give him just that.
Do you play an instrument? I’m learning to play the keyboard and I’m loving it! 😀
Just a note – do not talk to strangers. Riven-Delle is a bad example. XD
Also, another note – Riven-Delle and Weston are not a couple and I don’t plan to make that happen. They will just be good friends. 😉
Why, hello, my friends! I missed you! <3
So I know today is already January 16th (ugh, seriously, what’s wrong with me?), but I wanted to make this post anyway. It’s better late than never! 😉
It is still so crazy to me that we are in the year of 2017, but at the same time, it feels right. So far I have not accidentally written 2016 instead 2017 yet, so that’s a good thing. XD
Last year I wasn’t super active with posting. I was here and there but I had a lot of times when I would disappear for a few weeks and then randomly decide to poke my head out again. This year I really want to be more active on here and have a schedule that I stick with – and that actually goes for all of my blogs. I am going to try to start posting on each of my blogs once a week – hopefully soon I will be posting about twice a week on this blog
Okay, so enough of my ramblings, let’s get on with looking at what happened in my life in 2016:
***quick note that they are not going to be in order of when they happened***
1. I finished writing the first draft of my book – that was SO exciting and crazy and scary and depressing. I started writing it in February and finished it in early September. You can read about the night I finished writing it by clicking here.
2. I completed NaNoWriMo – WHOOO!!! I didn’t do 50k, but that’s okay – at least I met my goal! NaNo is such an incredibly fun thing to do, even though there are so many days when you just don’t wanna do it – it’s so satisfying in the end when you meet your goal. I can’t wait to do it again this year! I’m gonna try setting a higher goal for myself this year… I’m gonna work myself up to 50k… XD
3. Jordan and Aaryn got married – HOW HAS IT ALREADY BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS SINCE THE WEDDING?! That was one of the most amazing days ever and I am so happy for them! The months leading up to the wedding were quite stressful and emotional, but everything turned out perfectly in the end. I was also so honored to be one of Aaryn’s bridesmaids – it was a really neat experience for me and it makes me happy that I was able to be a part of it in some way
4. My step grandpa passed away – This was one of the hardest things I’ve been through and I wasn’t even very close to him. I couldn’t believe how God ordained everything was – the call in our hearts to skip our craft fair and go a week earlier to see my grandpa before he passed away, the fact that we were able to be there with my gramma when it all happened and help her through the pain – God had everything worked out so that my gramma wouldn’t be alone that night. He knew that she needed us. <3 And I know that God gave me incredible strength that night. Normally, I wouldn’t have been able to see my grandpa like that, but God gave me the strength I needed to be in there for my gramma and to see him one last time. Seriously, God is amazing.
5. We almost moved – We were planning to move into a larger house so that my gramma could come live with us and we even got to the point of picking a lot we wanted and being approved, but God shut the doors and it didn’t end up happening after all. We were a bit sad, but it just wasn’t meant to be.
6. I got a job – AAHH THE CHUBLETS! I got a job working in childcare with 2 year old’s and I just LOVE them! 😀 I literally wanna take so many of them home with me. I need to be an aunt already. XD
7. I became friends with AGDA – Ya’ll know American Girl Doll Artist, yes? Well, she and I became pen pals (or -email pals) and are now friends on Facebook and text all the time! I’m so grateful to have gotten to know her better
WE WILL MEET IN PERSON, HERSHEY
8. Road trip to San Francisco – THIS WAS SO FUN!!! I think back on this day so much and just want to do it again! It was one of the most amazing experiences for me and I’m so thankful that Jordan and Aaryn included me and Jacob in this! 😀
9. I got a dollhouse – I’m so thankful to my Grandpa for building it for me and for the opportunity to help him with it and spend that special time with him! I know it’s been forever, but I’ve planned to finally start investing more in it and to reveal it to you all sometime this year!
10. We re-arranged my room – My mom and I were basically insane beasts and tore apart my room at like 3:00 in the afternoon and attempted to have it re-arranged with my loft bed out of there, Jordan’s old bed in it’s place, all before my dad got home at 5:30. We were seriously crazy and super stressed, but it was fun! I’m so glad to have a regular bed now
11. I read a lot more – Which probably means I read about 6 books or so, but I like never read, so for me, that was a lot. And I now have a deep love for Amish fiction – thank you, Beverly Lewis. XD
12. I grew a lot more in my faith – After realizing I was way too obsessed with the things of the world and that I was putting God down on my list of priorities, I have striven to change and grow closer to Him. It’s been a huge challenge not obsessing over worldly things, but I know that ultimately God is my satisfaction in life and He’s the One I need to run to. He’s been a huge help and comfort to me the past year and I know that so much of what happened I wouldn’t have been able to get through without His help. <3
13. I opened up my third blog, He Rights My Wrongs and joined The Elven Realm of Writing – I’m so glad I have a blog where I can share about my faith and hopefully inspire others. And also so thankful to be a part of TEROW 😀
14. I took up reborning – Sort of… It’s not a main hobby or anything, but I’ve made a couple of dolls. It’s fun, but SO HARD. My mom is amazing at it, though. XD If ya’ll don’t know what reborns are, they are realistic looking baby dolls. They literally look like reborn babies. I made the doll pictured above
15. Jordan and Aaryn moved away – Ugh. Saying goodbye to them was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. But I am so glad that they are so happy and settled in up there and that they are even getting plugged in at their church – they’re already practically on the worship team! Each time they come down to visit is such a blessing and I can’t wait to see them for my birthday next month! So far the separation hasn’t been too hard thanks to technology (FaceTime, texting, Facebook, etc.), but I do miss them very much.
The last few months of 2016 I was feeling like it was such a terrible year, but making this list helped me to realize how much good was in it. Obviously a lot more happened (good and bad) that I didn’t mention, but the list was getting a bit long already, so… 😉
I can conclude that 2016 was just about the hardest year I’ve been through with a ton of change, but there was also a lot of great things that happened that I’m so thankful for. <3
Now, what do I have to look forward to in 2017, you ask?
Right now, I don’t really know! All I know is that I have big plans for my blogs (this one especially) that I am really excited about!
I have an urge to write a new book, but no ideas are fully kicking in yet. I do have some thoughts, but they need to be explored, which I honestly don’t have the time for right now. XD
I might get another job this year, but really, who knows?
I’m really just excited to see what God has in store for me this year and I’m hoping and praying that it will be a great one!
What about you? Was 2016 a good year for you? What are you looking forward to in 2017?
Happy New Year everyone!!
*wonders why no one replied* *realizes why their mouths are hanging open*
Oh! Right! SURPRISE!!! The Masquerade finale is HERE!! 😀
I had really wanted to post this on Christmas as a present to all of you, but the weather wasn’t good for taking pictures on the only days I had available… So I decided to make it for New Years! 😀 I spent over 5 hours just prepping the dolls, setting up, and taking pictures. O_O
Okay, okay, I know you’re all excited, but let me just say thank you all so much for your patience and for loving this series so much!! I can’t tell you how much that means to me <3
Now, without further ramblings, let the show commence! (but just in case you need a refresher, here’s the last part 😉 )
Soon after Jeremiah’s death, Edmund found Frederic and placed him deep in the dungeon where he would spend the remainder of his days. Having Frederic so nearby did make me a little uneasy, but I could hardly worry about such things for I was busy making preparations for the biggest day of my life – marrying the man I truly love.
The music began to play, cuing my entrance. Right when I saw Edmund, I felt tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. Not tears of sadness, but of joy. He looked so incredibly handsome in his suit and smiling broadly at me as he, too, was seeing me for the first time.
I didn’t once take my eyes off of Edmund – not even to look at the ring. I would have been perfectly satisfied without a ring because I was receiving the most precious gem of all – the heart of the one I love.
Edmund and I danced to a song that we both had loved when we were younger and for those few minutes, I felt as though I had traveled back in time, dancing with my beau to an enchanting song as he promised me that one day, he would marry me…
“And we walked away together as husband and wife. From that moment on, we would never be separated.”
“Yes, we have,” I agreed.
“And soon it will get even better,” Edmund said, placing his hands on my belly. I looked into his eyes as he felt our unborn child moving inside me and my heart was warmed by the pure joy and love behind his eyes.
“I love you, Edmund,” I said. He looked into my eyes tenderly and replied, “I love you, Liesel.”
As we headed back inside, I watched our beautiful little girl skipping through the garden, I felt my baby moving within me, and I felt the love my husband had for me in the gentle touch of his hand. Though my life started out with a rocky beginning, things turned out alright. And I knew without a doubt that we would all live happily ever after – till the end of our days…
P.S. This part made my mom cry! XD
Hey guys! I have a fun little photostory for ya’ll today featuring the doll with the mystery name… I’ve decided to reveal her true name for you all at last because this has just been ridiculously long… XD See, I was going to buy McKenna and have her be her twin sister, which I still plan to do at some point, but let’s start using Jane’s real name, shall we? 😉
“A gift from my pen pal…,” Mariah said.
“It’s probably for someone else, Saige. My package was coming in the regular mail,” Mariah said.
“No, they came back! She said she missed it in the truck. It’s your package!” Saige explained.
Saige remained on the floor, groaning inwardly at her insane sister and could hear her screaming, “GIMME MY PACKAGE!!!”
I hope you enjoyed! I had fun making this story. XD
People, I actually went out front to take pictures. And guess what?! A FEDEX GUY CAME AS I WAS TAKING PICTURES. So I looked back and he was looking at me quizzically so I gathered my dolls and hurried inside. Then a little bit after I had to go back out and set them up and start again. XD THEN the regular mail came by again and since it was a woman I was like – eh, whatever. So she came up and handed me the package and asked if one of my dolls was Grace. I thought that was kinda cool that she knew what my dolls were. XD
Do you like getting packages?
MERRY ALMOST CHRISTMAS!!
Hello, my friends!! *waves* 😀
Okay, so I know it’s already December 9th (HOW DID THAT HAPPEN), but I just really wanted to post one of these! XD
I have never done this type of post before, so just bear with me. Let’s see if I can make this interesting… XD
Highlights of November:
Doing NaNoWriMo and SUCCEEDING!!
It was really hard for me to keep up and fell behind a lot, but in the end I succeeded and that’s what matters right? I ate quite a bit of dark chocolate to help me through it… XD
AGH!!! They’re all SO beautiful!! I’m planning to post a bunch on LMF, so be on the watch for that 😉
When we got these pictures in literally all my mom and I did was look at them all day long. The photographer did an AMAZING job!
I don’t know if any of you know this already, but my family is quite musically talented. My dad has been a worship leader for years and he taught my brother, Jordan to play guitar and he served on the worship team for a long time, as well as Aaryn, my new sister in-law who sings beautifully! And my brother in-law plays the drums, so it was really awesome to get to see them all play together – they do an amazing job! It was super special this time because it was the last time for who knows how long, before Jordan and Aaryn moved away… <3
YES! *happy sigh* it was so awesome doing the Hillside craft fair again. Though there was rain, freezing cold, and major winds, we did have a lot of fun and the last day was perfect in every way!
I’ve been hesitant to try a latte for a long time, just cause I’m super picky and I love my frappés, but I finally gave in and I totally loved it! Even though I almost burned my tongue… XD
Sleeping over at Emma’s and cracking up at her insanity.
This night was just – BIZARRE! Emma was out of control crazy and I was laughing at her like all night! XD The one thing I don’t understand is how exactly does she drink from a water bottle so creepily?? LIKE HOW?! XD
No joke, I literally look over at her booth (we’re right across from each other, as you can tell in the picture) and she’s staring at me like this!!! And I don’t know, is she part Indian or something, cause she’s always sneaking up on me and I’ll turn around and she’s there staring at me with this creepy face!! XD It’s creepy, but hilarious. XD
Bundling up in a tablecloth at Hillside.
IT WAS FREEZING!!! It was raining, windy, and just – FREEZING!! My mom and I both wrapped ourselves up in tablecloths and put on hats, hoods, and scarves – we were cracking up! XD
Though this was a great day and we were all happy to be together, it was really bittersweet and not all of us were our normal, happy, crazy selves. This was our last family gathering together before Jordan and Aaryn moved away and saying goodbye to them that night, though it wasn’t our last goodbye, was extremely painful.
Saying Goodbye to Jordan and Aaryn.
My mom, dad, Jen, Jason, and I went over to say goodbye to them Friday night, the day after Thanksgiving. I can’t tell you how much we all hugged and cried. And though it was one of the hardest things, saying goodbye to them – I realized also how beautiful it was. That we as a family could come together with the freedom to cry and embrace like that over “losing” 2 beloved family members. I know it might sound silly that we were all crying so much, especially since they’re 6 hours away and I know some people have family even farther away – but we’ve always been together and we love each other so much. It was really hard to say goodbye, but I think we’re all doing a lot better now. <3
– Posting more often! I’ve really missed posting here, on LMF, HRMW, and on TEROW, so I’m really hoping that this month I can get a lot of posting done! 😀
– CHRISTMAS!!! No, no, this year it isn’t for the presents that I’m so excited (though I am excited for that, too… XD). This year I’m excited for Christmas because then our whole family will be together again! 😀 <3
– Work next week!! You all remember me saying that I got a job working in childcare, right? Well, we went on break and I thought I wouldn’t get to go back until January, but thankfully we get a day next week! I MISS THE CHUBLETS!!! XD (I can feel Emma glaring at me right now…. XD )
– Rogue One! ANYONE WHO IS EXCITED FOR THIS MOVIE PLEASE SAY SO! My sister and I are the only ones in our family who are excited for it. O_O
– Annndd… I can’t think of anything else right now. I’m just excited to see what else this month has in store for me! 😀
What about you? How did your November go? Is there anything you’re looking forward to this month?
Hey everyone!! Are any of you excited for the new Disney princess movie, Moana to come out? Cause I am, and if you aren’t, then there’s hardly any point to read this post. But don’t go away! You’ll find it interesting whether you’re excited or not – 100% guaranteed! If you aren’t satisfied, please return this post to…. Okay. We’re getting off track here…
Ahem. As a lot of you may know, my craft fair (which I refer to as Hillside) is coming up SUPER soon!! Like – in 2 WEEKS!!! So I procrastinated again and I am obviously not going to meet a lot of my goals of products I wanted to have at Hillside this month, but I set to work on designing a Moana costume which I think turned out pretty great! And I am here to share with you some photos of Kiara as Moana
So how do you like it? If you’re interested in purchasing it you can buy it in my Etsy shop by clicking HERE.
It will be $30 until Thanksgiving when it will be $35 from then on. Even if you aren’t interested in buying, I’d appreciate a favorite! 😀
Well, bye bye! I’ll “see” you again soon! *waves*
What are your thoughts on Moana? Are you going to go see it?
YES, you read the title right, my friends! The very kind and most generous, Madison of Delightful World of Dolls is giving away an American Girl Doll of your choice in celebration of her 4 year blogiversary and 260 followers! :O WOW!! I’m completely blown away!
Make sure you watch the video with all the instructions to enter by clicking HERE.
And here is the link to the actual post so you can enter and get some more information 😉
So what are you waiting for?! GO ENTER!!! But, wait! Before you go, please make sure you let Madison know that Jaclynn from LHOAG referred you so that I can get my bonus entries! That would mean so much to me! 😀
Thanks guys! And good luck to all who enter! 😀
I. AM. THAT. HEROOO! XD
YES, I am BACK!!!
Thank you all for your sweet comments on my last post! The wedding was so gorgeous and absolutely perfect in every way! I’m so insanely happy for them – they’re just such a beautiful couple. God matched them so perfectly! <3
I did cry at the wedding, but not as much as I thought I would. And we danced so. Much. My feet were killing me. XD
I’ll be sharing some pics soon! I’m not sure whether or not to post them here or on LMF… What do you guys think?
Okay, I think I’ve rambled enough! XD I had an urge to go outside and take pictures of Weston and then decided that he needed a girl with him, so Riven-Delle came along too.
By the way, we had a thunderstorm the other day. It rained 2 days in a row. And there are no more 90’s in the forecast. AAAAGHHH!!!
On with the photoshoot! XD
So how have you all been doing? Anything exciting going on or coming up soon? Is school overtaking your life? I’d love to know what’s going on in your life! I’ve missed you guys! <3
I’ll post again soon! *waves*
By the way – the title is my attempt at a shipping name for Weston and Riven-Delle ;D