31-Day Blogging Challenge 2015
Hey everyone! Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, but family was over, so I couldn’t make a post 😉
Day 16 – Best thing to happen this year:
Hmm……. Well, my brother, Jordan got engaged in July! I think that’s been the biggest event of the year so far! 😀
Day 17 – Dream job:
LOL! This is funny to me because throughout my entire life I’ve had a gazillion dream jobs! When I was younger I wanted to be a veterinarian, a nurse, a dentist, a librarian, and SO much more! basically anything you can think of! But what my true dream job is, is to be a wife, stay at home mom, and author. I just have this image of a large white farm house and I’m sitting upstairs in my special attic where I am working on my newest book at my desk in front of the window. I see myself looking out the window and seeing my husband on his way inside from feeding our animals (specifically our horses 😉 ), then hearing the sound of my kids running upstairs to come see me.
What about you? What’s your dream job?
Day 15 – Ten Favorite Foods:
1. Donuts!! Seriously, they are the best 😀
2. Cake Pops! Particularly the Birthday Cake flavor from Starbucks
3. French Toast! My favorite breakfast food
4. Shrimp Tacos! Mmmmm….
5. In N Out Burgers! In my opinion, they have the best burgers 😀
6. Garlic Bread
7. Oatmeal Squares!! This is my all time favorite cereal! 😀
8. Oooh!! Strawberry Toaster Strudels!!!
9. Popcorn!! Disneyland has the best popcorn!
10. Okay, I guess I’ll do another meal type food LOL! Hmm… I’ll say Chicken Fettuccine!
That was hard. I feel like I’m missing so many awesome foods LOLOL! XD
Now for the announcements!
First, I am going to Maryellen’s Debut in LA on August 27th!! EEE! I’m going to the First Look Event, so if you’re going, be sure to look for me there! I will probably be wearing a purple/pinkish tank top with foil gold stars on it and shorts. You should all know what I look like already, but to refresh, I have brown, curly, fluffy hair and brown eyes and freckles! I’ll update you all if outfit plans change or something 😀
Second, check out this great giveaway over at AmericanGirlPlace!
If you’d like a chance to win the outfit pictured above, make sure to go enter the giveaway by clicking here! Kaitlyn is such an amazing seamstress
That’s all for now! I hope you all are enjoying your weekend
Are you going to Maryellen’s debut? What do you think of her?
Day 14 – Difficult time in my life:
*Sigh* This is actually really hard for me to write, since I am going through a difficult time at the moment, but I am going to do my best.
You all know about our dear little Ella that we got almost 2 weeks ago. I wanted her so much. I loved her dearly. I anxiously waited for the day she would get to come home, but she was a challenge. She was a lot of work and on Thursday (5 days after we got her), my mom was having anxiety all day. She was exhausted every day since we got her and even though she was beautiful, funny, and adorable, she couldn’t wait for her to take another nap. Which I admit, I sometimes felt that way, too. We were both trapped in the kitchen, unable to really DO anything. So that day, my mom decided she couldn’t do it anymore. She called Sonia, the lady who gave her to us, and she came and took her back that night. It was so hard to let her go. To lose another pet – a member of the family once again. My heart broke and I missed seeing her the next morning. But as the days went on, I tried not to think about her so much. I didn’t want to live in depression like I did when we lost Majesty. But, yesterday I was thinking about her so much and I broke down and cried. I miss that little sweetheart, but I know that the right decision was made. Princess Ella Reign will be forever loved and missed <3
Prayers would also be much appreciated for me and my mom as we go through this
Tomorrow’s “assignment” is going to be quite yummy, so I’ll talk to you all then! 😉
Day 13 – Meaning behind blog name:
Well, this is already explained, but I guess I’ll say it again ;D Around the time I started this blog I was pretty obsessed with Little House On The Prairie. I remember going over some names for my blog with my mom for a while and she suggested Little House of American Girl. Naturally I really liked it and it just made sense with my situation, too – I had a small bedroom with a lot of American Girl dolls! 😀
So, that’s the meaning behind my blog name! Here’s a few pictures since this post was so short and most all of you probably knew all that already LOL!
Oh. My. Gosh. This is my first photoshoot of Marie-Grace!!!
And let me just say that….
….she is SO PHOTOGENIC!!!!
I think this is my favorite picture! 😀
Aaaaaahhh….. She’s so pretty! I think I just found a new love in Marie-Grace! Not that I’ve never stopped loving her, but just that I’m realizing how pretty she is again – if you know what I mean ;D
I hope you enjoyed the photoshoot! I really just wanna take more pics, but it’s really hot outside (102!!) and when I was gonna go to another area in our yard I saw huge webs, so I decided to come in 😛
Oh! And I just wanted to give a little reminder that I posted the next part of Sadie’s Hope a couple days ago, so be sure to check that out!
Talk to you tomorrow!
Wow. I can like never do just one day can I? LOL! I don’t even know what happened yesterday XD
Day 11 – Top 10 things on my bucket list:
1. Become a published author – This is one of my biggest goals in life. If/when this ever happens, it will be one of the greatest days EVER! 😀
2. Get married and have kids – I’m sure this is obvious LOL! I really want to have twins! Either a boy and a girl or two girls. It would be so much fun to dress them up all match-y together
3. Go to New Zealand – I must visit The Shire!!!
4. Learn how to fluently speak a foreign language – I’m working on German right now, so hopefully it’ll stick 😉
5. Go to Disney World – Being the huge Disney fan I am, going to Disney World would be amazing!! There are so many rides there that I’m sure I’d just love! 😀
6. Get a horse – Horses are my favorite animals and I take riding lessons, so this would just be such a dream come true
7. Go to the AGP in NYC – It’s the biggest AGP. Need I say more?
8. Learn how to decorate beautiful cakes, cookies, and cupcakes – I LOVE baking and this is something I’ve always wanted to learn how to do!! I used to wanna be a baker when I was younger LOL!
9. Be in a play – I know I’ve said that I have stage fright, but also, I really think I’d enjoy doing this. Just once. Acting is just so fun!
10. Have a room dedicated to my dolls – Seriously, this would be so amazing. I literally plan to have this someday! Imagine (though I’m sure some of you have it already 😉 ) a room with a huge dollhouse decorated and arranged as though it were a real house. With tons of storage for all of your doll clothes, accessories, etc. I would die if I could have this someday! 😀
Day 12 – Most proud moment:
Hmmm…. I think one of my most proud moments was when my Frozen inspired crochet dresses were featured in a magazine that was sold in stores! I kept meaning to make a post about that, but I somehow never got around to it LOL! It was REALLY exciting for me, though, to have my work in a magazine. I always got so excited when I saw the magazine at Joann or Michaels 😀
Here’s a picture of the front of the magazine –
– and here’s the inside where my dresses were featured!
So, there you have it! I’ll talk to you tomorrow! And that’s a promise ;D
Hey! Sorry again about not posting yesterday! We had a baby shower to go to and my little cousin kept me quite busy, so I was pretty tired when we got home 😉
Day 9 – If I won the lottery (in no particular order, just in the order I think of them 😉 ):
1. I’d buy my family a new two story house where I’d have a nice big bedroom, or perhaps a “studio” where all of my dolls, doll stuff, and photography things are kept….
2. I’d buy myself a horse and a Husky! Two dreams come true for me! LOL!
3. I’d go on a shopping spree at American Girl and buy everything! Well, not literally, but everything I wanted LOL!
4. I’d buy myself a gazillion clothes!
5. I’d get an awesome camera and a reflector and any other awesome photography stuff 😛
6. I’d buy an iPhone
7. I’d make sure all my family had plenty of money to live off of
8. I’d go to London, New York (which is probably where I’d have my AG shopping spree 😉 ), and New Zealand.
9. I’d buy my entire family (well, whoever wants it) and my friend and her family Premium passes to Disneyland
10. I’d get some POP!s, Vinylmations, and Tsums
And there you have it! Now onto today’s assignment!
Day 10 – An average day:
Haha. My average day doesn’t really consist of much, but here we go 😛
I wake up anywhere from 8-9:30 in the morning, say hi to my mom, go on my computer until around 10-10:30 and then start my school. I finish around 11:30 ish and then I have lunch. At this point I’m usually starved cause, as you may have noticed, I didn’t eat breakfast (heh heh heh…). Sometimes I’ll watch I Love Lucy with my lunch, other times I’ll go on my computer and see if there’s a new interesting post to read, or I’ll just sit at the table. It depends on my mood LOL! Throughout the day I’ll be texting Emma and going on the computer. I’ll empty the dishwasher and sweep the kitchen floor and perhaps do some dusting and other cleaning. Sometimes I’ll make a post, too, which takes about 2 hours probably. Around 4:30 I get pretty lazy and just start sitting around and sometimes act crazy. We eat dinner at about 6:00 and after that’s all done, me and my mom (and my dad, if he feels like it) will go in the living room and watch a movie. After the movie ends, there will only be a short time until I have to get ready for bed, so we watch an episode or two of Andy Griffith. Then I get ready for bed and help my mom make lunches for my dad and brother to take to work. Then I go to bed around 10:30.
So there you have it! That’s my average day. It sounds kinda boring, huh? 😛
Tomorrow I’ll list the top 10 things on my bucket list! That’s gonna be hard. I better get thinking! LOL!
Bye for now! 😀
Hi! I’m so sorry about not posting yesterday! I was gone like all day, so I didn’t really have a chance to post 😉
Anyways, here’s Day 7:
15 of my favorite things (these aren’t really in any order 😉 ):
1. American Girl Dolls (obviously)
2. Funko POP!s
5. Disney Barbie sized dolls
8. Star Wars Rebels
9. When Calls The Heart
11. Krispy Kreme
That was hard!! It’s really tough to think up stuff like that on the spot! LOL!
My earliest memory of my best friend:
I remember when I met Emma. I was probably like 10 and I think she was like 8! Our older brothers were part of this program called ICAP (don’t ask me what it stands for cause I do not remember XD ) and our moms had met at a meeting there. My mom had told me about Emma’s mom and her two daughters and I was interested in meeting them because I heard that they liked Webkinz (which I was SUPER into at the time), so one day while we were waiting for my brother’s class to be done, we went up to talk to Emma and her mom and sister. I don’t really remember what was said, I just remember going up to their car and that some talk about Webkinz and stuffed animals was done LOL! And, as sad as it is, I didn’t really like Emma at first. For some reason she kinda annoyed me, so it wasn’t until like 3-4 years later that we truly became friends. And it was all thanks to our moms who wanted to go to dinner at Applebee’s and brought us along. That was really fun! I am so thankful for Emma. She’s a great friend
So that’s all for today! I’ll be back tomorrow with a new post! 😀
So, today I have to tell you all my worst habits! This will be fun LOL! 😀
1. Whenever I wear any piece of jewelry – which is every day – I can’t NOT play with it! I twist my rings around my fingers, unsnap and flip my bracelets inside out, and hold onto my necklaces. It’s a horrible habit because there have been a couple of times when I’ve almost lost a ring and I broke a necklace…. Yeah…. Oh gosh! I just realized between the pauses of my typing I was moving my ring up and down my finger XD
2. I am extremely lazy. It’s awful. There will be times when I’m sitting in the chair in our living room next to the crochet corner and I have to grab something, but I simply don’t want to get up. So I go through all this trouble straining myself and leaning way over (practically out of my chair!) just to get the thing I didn’t wanna get up for. It’s really bad LOL!
3. I’m a procrastinator, as I’m sure you can tell with my posting, but I’m getting a bit better, aren’t I? Procrastination is passed down in my family. My grandpa has it (hehe, sorry, Papa!), he passed it down to my mom, and now she passed it down to me LOL!
So, I honestly can’t think of anything else, but I think the jewelry thing is my biggest one. Seriously, I’m still playing with my ring XD
I hope you enjoyed this post! What are your bad habits?
Until tomorrow! 😀
Hey everyone! Today I am going to tell you all my pet peeves! I have quite a few, so let’s get started!
2. When people don’t say quotes right. I know it’s funny, but for some reason it bothers me XD
3. Repetitiveness. I myself can be pretty repetitive, but I don’t say whatever I’m saying all day every day for two weeks XD
4. When people say a show/movie I love is cheesy….
5. Seeing the LOTR and Hobbit movies on sale at Target for $5…. I’m sorry, but I (and so does my mom!) feel very insulted when I see that XD
6. When I’m dying to play TsumTsum on my iPod and it won’t work!!!
7. When people chew with their mouth open or just make gross noises when they eat.
8. People talking and asking questions during a movie they’ve never seen before or that I’m first seeing.
9. Odd numbers! Everything must be even! LOL!
10. When people act like they know everything or think they’re all great.
11. Incorrect spelling.
12. When I can’t remember what a quote is from and it drives me so insane that I want to watch every movie in the house to figure out what it is LOL!
So I think that’s all! Can you relate to any of these?
Oh! And here’s a picture of me and Ella! Isn’t her face so adorable?! I wanna squish it 😀
See you tomorrow! 😀
Hey everybody! I know it’s a few days late, but I decided to do a 31-Day Blogging Challenge that I saw on Hayley’s blog, FlourishingByRestfullFalls! So I gotta catch up today and then I’ll be on track!
*Note: The pictures were made by Hayley and I was given permission to use them
20 Facts about me:
Well, I’ve kinda already done this before, but if you haven’t seen it, then click here to check it out
My favorite quotes:
I have SO many favorite quotes, it’s not even funny. And some of them aren’t even inspirational, but just I like how it’s said in the movie LOL! Oh, right, I don’t really know a bunch of inspirational quotes. What I’m going to list are my favorite movie quotes 😉
1. “All your life you have hidden in the shadows! Afraid of who you are, of what you are!”
2. “Well you left out one of the best characters – Samwise The Brave. I want to hear more about Sam. Frodo wouldn’t have gotten far without Sam.”
3. “I made a promise, Mr. Frodo. A promise. ‘Don’t you leave him Samwise Gamgee.’ And I don’t mean to. I don’t mean to.”
4. “All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.”
5. “It’s like in the great stories, Mr. Frodo. The ones that really mattered. Full of darkness and danger, they were. And sometimes you didn’t want to know the end. Because how could the end be happy? How could the world go back to the way it was when so much bad had happened? But in the end, it’s only a passing thing, this shadow. Even darkness must pass. A new day will come. And when the sun shines it will shine out the clearer. Those were the stories that stayed with you. That meant something, even if you were too small to understand why.”
6. “I do not know what strength is left in my blood, but I swear to you I will not let the White City fall. Nor our people fail.”
7. “I would have followed you my brother….My captain….My king.” (Okay, I’m like gonna cry right now)
8. “I would rather share one lifetime with you, than face all the ages of this world alone.”
9. “For when I called upon them they answered. Loyalty, honor, a willing heart – I can ask no more than that.”
10. “We set out to save The Shire, Sam and it has been saved. But not for me.” (Agh! There it is again!)
11. “It is a drawring of a key.”
12. “And I hugged her, but she looked right through me. She didn’t know me. I had saved her and lost her, too. And I’ve been doing that to her since I met her.”
13. “Oh, I’m sorry, that’s not for you.”
14. “Imagine walls. And columns there. And a glass roof.”
15. “Are you alright, Edmund? You look awful.”
16. “It’s King Edmund, actually. Just King, though, Peter’s the High King. I know, it’s confusing.”
17. “Hey, I’m in it for the money.”
18. “Watch your mouth, kid or you’re gonna find yourself floating home.”
19. “Have courage and be kind.”
20. “No survivors? Then where do the stories come from I wonder?”
21. “I never thought I’d die side by side with an elf.” “What about side by side with a friend?” “Aye. I can do that.”
22. “I cannot jump the distance, you’ll have to toss me!”
23. “Not at all.” (I know it seems like the weirdest quote in the world to be a favorite, but you’d really have to hear it to understand. I say this ALL the time! LOL!)
24. “Uh chocolate!” (Again, you’d have to hear it XD)
25. “Then I’ll crawl through a window.”
Okay, I’ll stop now. As I’m sure you can tell I have a MILLION favorite quotes! I literally could fill a book with all of my favorite quotes LOL! If you read all that, good for you! XD “Shall we all play a game?” Try to guess what the quotes are from and I’ll let you know if you were right!
What I’m afraid of:
1. Making mistakes/doing something wrong in front of people.
2. People thinking I’m weird for not listening to worldly music. I only listen to worship songs and songs from movies.
3. Meeting new people. I have gotten better with that, though.
4. Sitting next to strangers. I know, that sounds kinda weird, but if I have the chance I will sit between 2 people I know or at an end LOL!
5. Going up on roller-coasters! Oh, gosh that is literally one of my biggest fears! Especially if it’s in the dark. I hate it! But I LOVE going down! LOL!
6. Spiders, wasps, bees, hornets, and beetles! *Shivers*
7. Not being understood.
8. The dark. I have to sleep with a nightlight.
9. Getting stuck on an incline on a ride. It’s happened twice before on the same ride!! It’s HORRIBLE!!
10. Evil women in movies. Not all of them scare me, just some. Like Mother Gothel in Tangled! She freaks me out! LOL!
11. When Ella lunges and barks at me! She’s just playing, but it’s scary! 😛
12. Singing in front of people and them thinking my voice is terrible.
13. Being on stage.
Okay, so I think I’ll stop there. I can’t really think of anymore right now LOL!
Ten songs I love right now:
I don’t even think I have 10 songs I love right now, but I’ll do my best!
1. Life’s Too Short – it’s a cut song from Frozen that you can only listen to on YouTube 😉
2. Making Today A Perfect Day – Frozen Fever
3. Lavender’s Blue – it’s a lullaby, but Ella sings it in Cinderella and it’s so pretty
4. Guiding Light – Foy Vance (This song and the next one are from a show my mom watches and I just love them!)
5. Find My Way Back – Cody Fry
6. All I Ask of You – The Phantom of The Opera (I’ve never seen it, but I know some of the songs and they are beautiful!)
7. May It Be – The Fellowship of The Ring
8. 7AM – Tangled
9. Something That I Want (I think that’s the name…) – Tangled
10. Once Upon A December – Anastasia
Alrighty! That’s all for today my lovely peeps! I’ll be back again tomorrow! Bye for now!
Psst! If you wanna find out more about the 31-Day Blogging Challenge – click here!