Monthly Recap~ February 2017
Hi everyone! How are you all doing? I feel like it’s been forever since I’ve posted!
I do want to apologize for that. Honestly, I’ve been feeling so unmotivated lately – I’m having a hard time doing anything….
I know this is just for a time, though and I will get motivated and inspired again soon. 🙂
Anyways – February has been officially over for about 2 weeks now so that means it’s time for another monthly recap! 😀
The highlight of February was definitely celebrating my 18th birthday! My mom and I went out to lunch and did some shopping then we came home and had dinner and I opened presents from my brother and parents. Should I do a haul of all my gifts on LMF? 😉
My parents got me a beautifully shiny red laptop and I absolutely LOVE it!! I’ve been wanting a laptop for such a long time now and I’m definitely getting a lot of use out of it! 😀 (IT’S SO PRETTY!!!)
We also watched Return of the King on my birthday – I cried through the whole ending of the movie. My heart. <3
I was really excited that Jordan and Aaryn were able to come down for my birthday so we could all get dressed up and go to dinner as a big, happy family. It was so great seeing them again and being able to celebrate my birthday with my whole family 🙂
Also for my birthday my mom layered my hair for me and put some blonde highlights in it – it’s very light, so kinda hard to tell in pics, but it’s easy to see in person – I really love it! 😀
Aside from all the birthday excitement, I also began brainstorming a new book idea! It was really fun because I created backstories and history for the characters and the land which is something I hadn’t done before. It made me really excited and I’m in love with one of the characters 😀 <3
I wrote about a thousand words for this book so far… I’m on pause with it right now cause I still wanna do some more planning for it. I’m hoping that maybe I can turn it into a trilogy, but we’ll see if that happens ;D
I got sick just a few days after my birthday and I’m still recovering. I’m so congested. Bleah! XD
Well, obviously it’s already March 12th, so some exciting things have already happened! Like…
I watched Moana – We didn’t see it in theaters, but we bought it the day it came out on DVD and I REALLY liked it! I don’t love it, but I really liked it – the songs are amazing (I’ve been listening to them on repeat pretty much nonstop XD ) and I really like the story. It felt relatable to me in some ways, like how Moana is trying to find who she is and how Maui realizes that hook or no hook, he’s Maui. 🙂
Once Upon a Time continued – AGH!!! NEW EPISODE TONIGHT!!! *fangirls*
And Jordan and Aaryn came down again for 4 days!! That was the best ever!! They came down because Jordan might be getting a job down here again and he had to take a test for it. Fingers are crossed!! 😀 But it was really great – we watched Storks together cause they hadn’t seen it yet and Jordan and I watched some episodes of Word Girl (oh, the memories), and then on their last day here, our neighbors/friends (they’re like family) came over and we all played a game together and talked about old times. It was super fun! 😀
And what more do I have to look forward to?
LHOAG’s birthday is coming up super soon!! I need to start planning a way to celebrate ;D
Hopefully Emma and I will be going to AG soon to buy our final dolls…
I’d also really like to be actually writing that book I mentioned earlier – I NEED TO PLAN SO I CAN WRITE. XD
And I’m really just gonna be working a lot on being responsible and growing in my walk with God. I need to stop being so distracted by worthless things and start DOING things, even if I don’t feel like it.
I’m hoping to get more active on my blogs, but in the meantime, please continue to bear with me. I’ve got a lot I’m trying to figure out right now 🙂
How have you all been? Is 2017 treating you well? Did you like Moana (if you saw it)?
Guys….. I’m 18.
Yep, you read that right. The 14 year old girl who started a doll blog is 18 today and still happily blogging with her dolls.
It’s been so weird lately thinking that I’m gonna be 18 – that’s when you’re considered an adult! So this is very strange for me. I don’t feel like I should be 18, but I am, and in a way – I can feel that I am. It’s just super strange. XD
It’s also been scary thinking that I’m gonna be an adult now. I know things won’t flip like a switch and the adult thing will be a process, but it is kinda scary thinking of the responsibility and everything. It is exciting, though, and I can’t wait to see what God has in store for my future! 😀
I had planned to do a birthday photoshoot today, but I got really distracted this morning and need to get ready to go out with my mom, so I’ll leave you with this picture of the lovely Jocelyn – the doll who looks most like me 🙂
Thank you all for being my friends, for encouraging me, being a huge support and motivation, for just being awesome and sticking with me for all these years! I’m so grateful to have you all as my friends! <3
Happy Valentine’s Day! (2017)
My Letter to American Girl
Today I sent in my letter to American Girl stating my opinions and how I feel about the terrible decisions they are making.
Here is my letter:
To Whom It May Concern,
My name is Jaclynn and I have been collecting American Girl dolls for 9 years now. I have 23 dolls, 3 sets of Bitty Twins (which are unhappily, not available anymore), one Bitty Baby, and one Wellie Wisher.
I also run an American Girl doll blog that I’ve had for going on 4 years now where I post photoshoots and stories with my dolls. I have a large following on there and I follow nearly 100 other doll blogs myself. And we are all saying the same thing; What is AG doing?
For many long years we have bought your products and poured our talents, our hearts, and our souls into them. Creating stories, capturing the doll’s personalities on camera, making stopmotions and movies – we have supported you and loved you all our lives, but now I fear that if you don’t revert to your old ways – you are going to lose hundreds of customers.
This is a list of things that are painfully upsetting to me and hundreds of your fans and customers:
1. Permanent underwear – What makes no sense to me is that on Facebook you asked for our opinion on this matter, but I’ve already seen images that you are doing it anyway, despite how your customers feel about it. Why on earth are you making the dolls have permanent undies? Is it too expensive now for you to make real underwear for your dolls? On the bottom of the doll it honestly looks like they have a lump of something in their “underwear.” It’s completely disgusting and so cheap of you to do this. Why even come out with a bathroom set when the dolls are going to have to sit on the toilet or bathe with their underwear on? In play – girls will want to remove the underwear and now they won’t be able to.
2. Squishy vinyl – I have also seen photos of your dolls now being squishy. How far will you go? For years the dolls have been firm and if they started to squish in that was bad and meant they were exposed to too much heat. So now, with this new vinyl – if they are exposed to too much heat, will they melt? Because it certainly doesn’t seem like they could squish in any more than they are already. This is beyond upsetting.
3. The packaging – The new doll boxes feel like you are buying a doll from Walmart and that is NOT a good thing. The boxes used to feel like you were buying a keepsake doll that was special – like it was more than a doll you were buying. But now it just feels like you’re buying some cheap doll from Walmart for over a hundred dollars. And honestly – some of the packaging on the clothes have left holes in the clothing. That’s awful.
4. Selling AG products in other stores – Kohls, Toys R Us, Sears – every time I see your products in one of these stores my heart sinks and I want to turn my head away. It feels so shameful for these products that used to be so special being sold in stores like these. I feel that you have taken away the specialness of your products.
5. Wellie Wishers – Although they are cute and I own one myself, these dolls don’t look AG. They’re like misfit dolls that look like a brand Toys R Us created and should only be sold there.
6. Discontinuing the Bitty Twin line – I was so sad when this line was discontinued. When I was younger, the Bitty Twins were a main part of my every day play. I have so many great memories with them and I always hoped you would make more – especially Irish ones with freckles. You can imagine my disappointment when they disappeared.
7. Getting rid of the Best Friend dolls – This one breaks my heart. The friends are such a huge, main part of the stories and you took them away. They were beautiful and important. And even when you brought back Samantha, you didn’t bring Nellie. Now you’re bringing Felicity back and not Elizabeth. Honestly – if you had brought back Nellie I would have bought her in a heartbeat. She was always one of my favorites, but I was so young when she retired that I didn’t have a chance to buy her before she was archived. And now, even though you got rid of all of the classic friend dolls that everyone loved, you are bringing in Tenney Grant and her friend Logan Everett and I’ve heard possibly also Tenney’s friend Jaya. You would make more sales bringing back the retired friend dolls than you will these – especially with the changes being made to these dolls.
8. The movies – Honestly, the movies are terrible now. I struggled through the Grace Thomas movie – the acting was terrible, there’s way too much singing and dancing now, and your 9 year old characters look like they’re 13. The historical movies are the best and made with real effort and quality. I wish you would make more of those.
9. Modernized historical clothing – Years ago, when American Girl was still Pleasant Company, the historical outfits were extremely high quality, well made, and really looked and felt historically accurate – and the outfits cost way less. Now the historical outfits are way too modernized, made with cheaper fabric, and cost more. We want the historical clothes back – the way they used to be. Please stop trying to make the historical dolls modernized when they are really from hundreds of years ago.
10. The pets – Why are the pets now creepy looking stuffed animals? It looks like they have oversized stuffed animals as pets instead of actual pets.
All of the topics listed above lead to one thing – I, along with many others, want you to stop changing things. You are only making things worse and will continue losing customers because of it.
Once you revamp the dolls to have permanent underwear and squishy vinyl I can tell you that I will no longer be purchasing your dolls. The money will no longer be worth it for me. And I cannot put into words how much it pains me to write those words because I had thought I would be buying dolls from you for my entire lifetime. I never in my wildest dreams thought this company I loved so dearly would come to this; that I would be forced to make such a decision or even to write such a letter.
I thank you for who you used to be – for bringing joy and fun into my life. Without you, I never would have created my blog and without my blog, I wouldn’t have made such great friends who loved AG as much as I did.
Writing the end of the letter brought me close to tears. It was painful to say those words – to say that I wouldn’t buy anymore dolls from them. I love AG, the way they used to be, but not now. This isn’t AG anymore. 🙁
If you are unhappy with the changes AG is making and already have made, I highly encourage you to write them your own letter! They need to know just how many of their customers are unhappy with what they are doing and why.
Lovers of American Girl – UNITE!
Once again, it is time for all of us – as lovers, long time buyers, and supporters of American Girl to unite.
For a while now I haven’t really been fond of what AG is doing. Discontinuing the Bitty Twin line, bringing in the Wellie Wishers (which, although are cute, do look like a Toys R Us brand), the new packaging, zip ties on their necks, and now get this – sewn on doll underwear.
I don’t know about the rest of you, but I am personally really upset in the direction AG is going – with the choices that are being made. The boxes we get our dolls in look so cheapy – it makes me feel like they’re something from Walmart. I’ve always loved their doll boxes and all their packaging – everything felt like a keepsake – like you were buying something super special.
Oh – and what I really can not stand – is that you can now buy American Girl products (dolls included) in Toys R Us and Kohls.
Now I know that a lot of people like that because they don’t have stores close by, but here’s the thing – AG is supposed to be special. I’d rather buy their stuff online than from a place like TRU or Kohls! Every time I see AG products in those stores my heart sinks. I feel like the special, keepsake, high quality of these dolls and products have died down.
And that is what I’m here to talk to you about…
American Girl hasn’t been the same for a long, long time. For years the quality has been leaving us, but I’ve never really thought about it all that much – until now. The historical outfits are too modernized, the packaging stinks (really, holes got in some of the outfits because of how they were packed), their movies are AWFUL now (seriously, where did their effort go? Samantha and Felicity are AMAZING movies!), they’re making their stories way too similar, and now we’re getting sewn on underwear?? Really??
I am going to be writing to AG – kindly telling them how I feel and asking for the quality AG to return.
I ask you to do the same. American Girl believes that girls can make a difference, right? Then let’s make a difference!
I believe that if we all work together that we can make a difference – I believe there is a chance that we can get quality AG back!
So please, send them a letter, write them an email – whatever works best for you! I only advise that you are kind in your letter – please don’t hate on them 😉
And once you have decided to help – I ask that you put this button on your blog with a link back to this post and also share this post all around the blogosphere (or even Instagram and YouTube if you have those!) – the more people that see this, the more people we’ll get to participate. And the more people we get to participate – the bigger the chance we have to make a difference. 🙂
Thank you all!
Monthly Recap~ January 2017
Well, here I am again to bring you a monthly recap that is actually on time! XD
I’m currently lying in my bed watching Storks cause I’m really tired and just feel kinda blah – I think I’m getting sick :/
Anyhoo! Let’s get on wiiitthhh….
Ooh, lookie! I made a cool image thingy! XD
1. I started playing piano. Really the keyboard since we don’t have a piano, but ya know. XD I’m having so much fun with this!! I can’t wait until I get REALLY good! 😀
2. I’ve practiced my singing a lot more. I really love to sing and lately I’ve been focusing more on singing on key and using my actual voice instead of my fake singing voice. I think I’m getting pretty good 🙂
3. IT HAILED – OH MY GOSH YOU GUYS IT WAS AMAZING!! There was a storm like last week and it kept hailing off and on. There was lightning, winds, thunder, pouring rain – I literally died. It hasn’t hailed since I was super young so it was almost like a first experience for me. XD There was so much it seriously looked like it had snowed!! And afterwards the mountains you can see from our house were covered in snow, but it’s all pretty much melted now. 🙁
4. We went to our friend’s wedding – which was SO beautiful! Okay, guys. The parents walked down the aisle to “The Last Goodbye” music and I forget who (probably the bride), but someone walked down to “All I Ask of You” music. I was crying. It was amazing. *dies*
5. We are looking into moving- yet again we’re in the searching stage. I really think that this time we’re going to move so it’s exciting and scary and emotional and yeah…. Prayers concerning this would be appreciated. 😉
1. TENNEY AND LOGAN WERE REVEALED – I’m not going to post any pictures, but oh my goodness me needs. O_O
2. The. Last. Jedi. Just – oh my gosh. Can you even believe that it’s THIS YEAR?? *dies*
3. LOTR POP!s were revealed!! :O FRODO and SAM!! Oh my heart. <3
4. Rey is a Solo. I’m like totally convinced. I’ll be surprised if it’s not true, that’s how convinced I am. O_O (I made that image after reading an in depth theory of Rey being a Solo and fell in love with the idea. XD )
Tenney and Logan’s release- isn’t it so exciting?! They’re almost here!! :O
My 18th birthday- Guys I’m gonna be 18 this month. Isn’t that bizarre?! I started this blog when I was 14…. So crazy… O_O
So with my 18th birthday means….
A fancy dinner, blonde highlights, and Jordan and Aaryn coming down! I’m so excited! 😀
I’m also planning to start writing another book this month since this month will be a year since I started my last one 🙂
I don’t know what else will happen this month, but that’s okay – if I knew everything that was going to happen life wouldn’t be much of an adventure, now would it? 😉
So tell me…
How was your month? Was it a good start to the New Year? Anything exciting to look forward to in February?
70’s Girl~ A Photoshoot (and a question)
Hi guys! 🙂
Today I decided to do a photoshoot and when I noticed Julie wasn’t wearing any clothes (heh heh – #problemsofadollcollector) I decided to get her dressed and snap a few photos of her. Enjoy! 😀
That’s all for today! I hope you enjoyed the pictures! Which one was your favorite? 🙂
Oh! And just a quick question – how many of you would like to see Tell Us Tuesday return? I’m thinking about bringing it back, but I want to make sure that people will participate, so please let me know what you think! 🙂
Have a great rest of your day! 😀
Strum Me a Tune~ A Photostory
Samantha and Riven-Delle decided to brave the freezing cold (or at least, it was to them, being California girls) and do some shopping downtown.
Riven-Delle’s head was turned by the enchanting sound of a guitar strumming not far from where they were. She realized that the person playing looked unmistakably familiar and found herself in the middle of a big problem. Her head told her that it wasn’t wise to go up to a stranger and talk to them, but she had done it once with no harm done. Surely Samantha wouldn’t approve, but Riven-Delle felt that this boy needed help and that he wasn’t really a bad person.
“Riven-Delle, what are you looking at?” Samantha inquired once she realized her sister had suddenly stopped dead in her tracks.
Riven-Delle knew that hair – she hadn’t seen anyone else with it before. It was definitely him.
Without saying a word Riven-Delle headed in the direction of the guitar player with Samantha very hesitantly following behind. She absolutely hated it when people kept her from doing some serious shopping.
“Hello!” Riven-Delle greeted, a bit nervous to say anything.
The teenage boy looked up from his guitar and instantly stopped playing. The look behind his eyes expressed worry and Riven-Delle wondered what could be wrong.
“Hello….,” he said hesitantly.
“I’m sorry – aren’t you Weston? The boy from the diner? I was certain I’d seen you before,” Riven-Delle said, though she already knew it was him.
“Yeah, I guess that would be me. You got some cops hiding out nearby to take me in?” He asked, his eyes shifting around.
“No, of course not! I told you I wouldn’t turn you in,” Riven-Delle said.
He let out a quick sigh that was hardly audible and said; “Look, I don’t want to be rude, but maybe you should get going. I’m about ready to head back home now anyway.”
Riven-Delle looked down at the blue bowl with white polk-a-dots scattered around it. This was not a bowl a teenage boy would choose to use – especially in public. She couldn’t help wondering if perhaps it was stolen… Weston was definitely not living in a stable home – maybe he was even living on the streets.
“C-could you strum a song for us before we go? I heard you from a distance and it sounded great,” Riven-Delle said.
“I think we should get going, Delle,” Samantha intervened.
“One song won’t hurt. We’ll still have time for shopping,” Riven-Delle said.
“Alright, just one song and then I gotta go. My dad will kill me if I’m late for my lessons,” he said, though Riven-Delle couldn’t help doubting that he even had a father.
Riven-Delle watched curiously as he turned the knobs on his guitar to tune it. Samantha turned her head away and groaned just loud enough for Riven-Delle to hear her.
Once he had tuned up, he began to strum on his guitar an older sounding song that was full of life, making Riven-Delle tap her feet and clap her hands along.
When the song ended, Riven-Delle clapped and told him how great it was while she got her purse out to drop some money into his bowl.
“You play so well, I wouldn’t be surprised if someday you become famous!” Riven-Delle said as she dropped her money into the bowl.
A crisp 20 dollar bill to be exact.
Weston stared at it in disbelief – he hadn’t had that much money at one time in years!
“Thank you,” he said, as calmly as possible.
“Alright, Delle, let’s go now,” Samantha urged.
“Well, bye!” Riven-Delle said, feeling a bit awkward and sorry to leave him. Who knew where he would be tonight or if he even had anyone who cared about him.
Weston reached into the bowl and held the 20 dollars in his hand as he watched the girls leave. The kindness Riven-Delle had expressed meant so much to him – no one had treated him that way since he was a young boy. Except for his friend, of course, who was lying sick in bed and in need of some decent food. Thanks to Riven-Delle, he could give him just that.
Do you play an instrument? I’m learning to play the keyboard and I’m loving it! 😀
Just a note – do not talk to strangers. Riven-Delle is a bad example. XD
Also, another note – Riven-Delle and Weston are not a couple and I don’t plan to make that happen. They will just be good friends. 😉
In Which I Reflect on the Past (2016) and Look to the Future (2017)!
Why, hello, my friends! I missed you! <3
So I know today is already January 16th (ugh, seriously, what’s wrong with me?), but I wanted to make this post anyway. It’s better late than never! 😉
It is still so crazy to me that we are in the year of 2017, but at the same time, it feels right. So far I have not accidentally written 2016 instead 2017 yet, so that’s a good thing. XD
Last year I wasn’t super active with posting. I was here and there but I had a lot of times when I would disappear for a few weeks and then randomly decide to poke my head out again. This year I really want to be more active on here and have a schedule that I stick with – and that actually goes for all of my blogs. I am going to try to start posting on each of my blogs once a week – hopefully soon I will be posting about twice a week on this blog 🙂
Okay, so enough of my ramblings, let’s get on with looking at what happened in my life in 2016:
***quick note that they are not going to be in order of when they happened***
1. I finished writing the first draft of my book – that was SO exciting and crazy and scary and depressing. I started writing it in February and finished it in early September. You can read about the night I finished writing it by clicking here.
2. I completed NaNoWriMo – WHOOO!!! I didn’t do 50k, but that’s okay – at least I met my goal! NaNo is such an incredibly fun thing to do, even though there are so many days when you just don’t wanna do it – it’s so satisfying in the end when you meet your goal. I can’t wait to do it again this year! I’m gonna try setting a higher goal for myself this year… I’m gonna work myself up to 50k… XD
3. Jordan and Aaryn got married – HOW HAS IT ALREADY BEEN OVER THREE MONTHS SINCE THE WEDDING?! That was one of the most amazing days ever and I am so happy for them! The months leading up to the wedding were quite stressful and emotional, but everything turned out perfectly in the end. I was also so honored to be one of Aaryn’s bridesmaids – it was a really neat experience for me and it makes me happy that I was able to be a part of it in some way 🙂
4. My step grandpa passed away – This was one of the hardest things I’ve been through and I wasn’t even very close to him. I couldn’t believe how God ordained everything was – the call in our hearts to skip our craft fair and go a week earlier to see my grandpa before he passed away, the fact that we were able to be there with my gramma when it all happened and help her through the pain – God had everything worked out so that my gramma wouldn’t be alone that night. He knew that she needed us. <3 And I know that God gave me incredible strength that night. Normally, I wouldn’t have been able to see my grandpa like that, but God gave me the strength I needed to be in there for my gramma and to see him one last time. Seriously, God is amazing.
5. We almost moved – We were planning to move into a larger house so that my gramma could come live with us and we even got to the point of picking a lot we wanted and being approved, but God shut the doors and it didn’t end up happening after all. We were a bit sad, but it just wasn’t meant to be. 🙂
6. I got a job – AAHH THE CHUBLETS! I got a job working in childcare with 2 year old’s and I just LOVE them! 😀 I literally wanna take so many of them home with me. I need to be an aunt already. XD
7. I became friends with AGDA – Ya’ll know American Girl Doll Artist, yes? Well, she and I became pen pals (or -email pals) and are now friends on Facebook and text all the time! I’m so grateful to have gotten to know her better 🙂
WE WILL MEET IN PERSON, HERSHEY
8. Road trip to San Francisco – THIS WAS SO FUN!!! I think back on this day so much and just want to do it again! It was one of the most amazing experiences for me and I’m so thankful that Jordan and Aaryn included me and Jacob in this! 😀
9. I got a dollhouse – I’m so thankful to my Grandpa for building it for me and for the opportunity to help him with it and spend that special time with him! I know it’s been forever, but I’ve planned to finally start investing more in it and to reveal it to you all sometime this year! 🙂
10. We re-arranged my room – My mom and I were basically insane beasts and tore apart my room at like 3:00 in the afternoon and attempted to have it re-arranged with my loft bed out of there, Jordan’s old bed in it’s place, all before my dad got home at 5:30. We were seriously crazy and super stressed, but it was fun! I’m so glad to have a regular bed now 🙂
11. I read a lot more – Which probably means I read about 6 books or so, but I like never read, so for me, that was a lot. And I now have a deep love for Amish fiction – thank you, Beverly Lewis. XD
12. I grew a lot more in my faith – After realizing I was way too obsessed with the things of the world and that I was putting God down on my list of priorities, I have striven to change and grow closer to Him. It’s been a huge challenge not obsessing over worldly things, but I know that ultimately God is my satisfaction in life and He’s the One I need to run to. He’s been a huge help and comfort to me the past year and I know that so much of what happened I wouldn’t have been able to get through without His help. <3
13. I opened up my third blog, He Rights My Wrongs and joined The Elven Realm of Writing – I’m so glad I have a blog where I can share about my faith and hopefully inspire others. And also so thankful to be a part of TEROW 😀
14. I took up reborning – Sort of… It’s not a main hobby or anything, but I’ve made a couple of dolls. It’s fun, but SO HARD. My mom is amazing at it, though. XD If ya’ll don’t know what reborns are, they are realistic looking baby dolls. They literally look like reborn babies. I made the doll pictured above 🙂
15. Jordan and Aaryn moved away – Ugh. Saying goodbye to them was one of the hardest things I’ve ever done. But I am so glad that they are so happy and settled in up there and that they are even getting plugged in at their church – they’re already practically on the worship team! Each time they come down to visit is such a blessing and I can’t wait to see them for my birthday next month! So far the separation hasn’t been too hard thanks to technology (FaceTime, texting, Facebook, etc.), but I do miss them very much. 🙂
The last few months of 2016 I was feeling like it was such a terrible year, but making this list helped me to realize how much good was in it. Obviously a lot more happened (good and bad) that I didn’t mention, but the list was getting a bit long already, so… 😉
I can conclude that 2016 was just about the hardest year I’ve been through with a ton of change, but there was also a lot of great things that happened that I’m so thankful for. <3
Now, what do I have to look forward to in 2017, you ask?
Right now, I don’t really know! All I know is that I have big plans for my blogs (this one especially) that I am really excited about!
I am also excited to finally be tackling the editing stage of writing and see what happens with that.
I have an urge to write a new book, but no ideas are fully kicking in yet. I do have some thoughts, but they need to be explored, which I honestly don’t have the time for right now. XD
I might get another job this year, but really, who knows?
I’m really just excited to see what God has in store for me this year and I’m hoping and praying that it will be a great one! 🙂
What about you? Was 2016 a good year for you? What are you looking forward to in 2017?
Happy New Year everyone!!
*wonders why no one replied* *realizes why their mouths are hanging open*
Oh! Right! SURPRISE!!! The Masquerade finale is HERE!! 😀
I had really wanted to post this on Christmas as a present to all of you, but the weather wasn’t good for taking pictures on the only days I had available… So I decided to make it for New Years! 😀 I spent over 5 hours just prepping the dolls, setting up, and taking pictures. O_O
Okay, okay, I know you’re all excited, but let me just say thank you all so much for your patience and for loving this series so much!! I can’t tell you how much that means to me <3
Now, without further ramblings, let the show commence! (but just in case you need a refresher, here’s the last part 😉 )
Soon after Jeremiah’s death, Edmund found Frederic and placed him deep in the dungeon where he would spend the remainder of his days. Having Frederic so nearby did make me a little uneasy, but I could hardly worry about such things for I was busy making preparations for the biggest day of my life – marrying the man I truly love.
The music began to play, cuing my entrance. Right when I saw Edmund, I felt tears pricking at the corners of my eyes. Not tears of sadness, but of joy. He looked so incredibly handsome in his suit and smiling broadly at me as he, too, was seeing me for the first time.
Looking into his eyes, I just knew that we were thinking the same thing…
We had come so far and now here we were – about to pledge our hearts to each other for eternity.
My mother watched with a tender heart and tears trickled down her cheeks. I knew this must be an especially meaningful time for her – to at last see her daughter marrying the man she loves.
When I reached Edmund, we both paused, taking in the special moment, each smiling so big our cheeks hurt.
And we faced the pastor, ready to say our vows and be joined as one.
I didn’t once take my eyes off of Edmund – not even to look at the ring. I would have been perfectly satisfied without a ring because I was receiving the most precious gem of all – the heart of the one I love.
“I present to you, your Prince and Princess.”
Edmund and I danced to a song that we both had loved when we were younger and for those few minutes, I felt as though I had traveled back in time, dancing with my beau to an enchanting song as he promised me that one day, he would marry me…
And we would be happier than we could ever comprehend…
Even if we had to live in a stable.
The ceremony went by so quickly and before I knew it, it was time to cut the cake.
“And we walked away together as husband and wife. From that moment on, we would never be separated.”
“And that’s the end of our story…”
“Not quite, Mama, because then you had me!” My daughter said with a gleeful expression.
“That’s right, sweetie. And soon you’ll have a baby brother,” I said with a smile.
“Oh, I can’t wait for him to come out!” Elsie cried as she held onto my belly.
“Or her; it could be a girl, you know,” Edmund said with twinkling eyes. “I’ve been wondering where you were all afternoon. It’s getting late.”
“I was just telling her our story,” I said and motioned for her to run along.
Edmund came up to me and smiled. “We have created a perfect life together, haven’t we?” He asked.
“Yes, we have,” I agreed.
“And soon it will get even better,” Edmund said, placing his hands on my belly. I looked into his eyes as he felt our unborn child moving inside me and my heart was warmed by the pure joy and love behind his eyes.
“I love you, Edmund,” I said. He looked into my eyes tenderly and replied, “I love you, Liesel.”
As we headed back inside, I watched our beautiful little girl skipping through the garden, I felt my baby moving within me, and I felt the love my husband had for me in the gentle touch of his hand. Though my life started out with a rocky beginning, things turned out alright. And I knew without a doubt that we would all live happily ever after – till the end of our days…
P.S. This part made my mom cry! XD